[Samba] That domain could not be found

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:33:55 UTC 2016

I had a working domain and then I realized I was spelling it wrong all this
time.
So I created a VM and installed samba with ad support on it

I used the instructions from
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
all the tests for the DNS entries checked out

kinit checked out
klist shows my key
On other computers even

When I went to join my window 10 machine that I can still connect to my
original machine I get the message in the subject

I don't remember  doing anything different originally for my working domain.
I turned off the firewall and selinux on my VM

Windows 10 nslookup sees all the DNS entries I checked on walk trough
nltest /dsgetdc:<domainname>
returns
Getting DC name failed: Status = 1355 0x54b ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN

I'm not sure what else to check.