[Samba] Fwd: Good installation documentation on samba4?

Léon van der Kaap leonkaap at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 20:43:05 UTC 2016

The OS I'm using is Ubuntu 16.04. The previous OS I was working with was
Ubuntu 14.04. The krb issue I had was that the kdc server

" RuntimeError: kinit for DOMAINCONTROLLER$@SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM failed
(Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm)".

The modified krb5.conf file I distilled out of information on the internet
helped to create a working version.

When comparing the documentation of samba4 vs. samba 3.5 I find that the
samba3.5 documentation is a lot more complete and a lot bigger. Comparing
the samba4 documentation to the samba3.5, makes me think the newer
documentation of more of an afterthought than a similarly constructed
document.