[Samba] Fwd: Good installation documentation on samba4?

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Fri Jul 29 10:47:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 22:55:55 +0200
Léon van der Kaap <leonkaap at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for good installation instructions for an active
> directory domain controller installation of samba4. The only source I
> have reliably found is
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
> which is unfortunately both incomplete in certain sections and
> incorrect in others.
[snip]

Unfortunately, that's it :(

I noted the same issues a year ago, when I tried to get Samba AD
working for us.  I was invited to help improve the docs.  I like
writing docs, and probably would have, except we weren't able to get
Samba working as an AD the way we needed it to, so I dropped the
project.

Your only hope, beyond that, is this mailing list.  The regulars here
are very helpful and very patient, to which I can attest :)

DO NOT be tempted to go searching for help elsewhere on the 'net.  Much
of what you'll find will be wildly inaccurate and will only lead you to
grief.  Ask me how I know ;)

Good luck,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is