[Samba] Samba4 won't start

Thomas Massip thomas.massip at e-tera.com
Fri Jul 29 09:20:08 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I try to install Samba 4.4.2 , on ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I have this issue:

sudo /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -i -M single
samba version 4.4.2 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2016
samba: using 'single' process model
task_server_terminate: [ldap_server: no LDAP server required in member
server configuration]
task_server_terminate: [cldap_server: no CLDAP server required in member
server configuration]
task_server_terminate: [kdc: no KDC required in member server
configuration]
task_server_terminate: [dreplsrv: no DSDB replication required in domain
member configuration]
task_server_terminate: [kccsrv: no KCC required in domain member
configuration]
task_server_terminate: [dns: no DNS required in member server
configuration]
winbindd daemon exited normally

This is my smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
	netbios name = KICKSEED
	realm = DOMAINTEST.LAN
	workgroup = DOMAINTEST
	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
	server string = RADIUS server
    	security = ads
	server services = +smb
	dcerpc endpoint servers = remote
    	invalid users = root
    	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
    	winbind use default domain = no
    	winbind max domain connections = 5
    	winbind max clients = 1000
    	password server = *

[netlogon]
	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/domaintest.lan/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	read only = No

And I have an other prob, log file isn't create, before was at
/var/log/samba but now this folder is empty ..

the command 'sudo make quicktest' return me ALL OK for the installation,
and sudo samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive return:

Looking up IPv4 addresses
More than one IPv4 address found. Using 192.168.4.143
Looking up IPv6 addresses
No IPv6 address will be assigned
Setting up secrets.ldb
Setting up the registry
Setting up the privileges database
Setting up idmap db
Setting up SAM db
Setting up sam.ldb partitions and settings
Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE
Pre-loading the Samba 4 and AD schema
Adding DomainDN: DC=domaintest,DC=lan
Adding configuration container
Setting up sam.ldb schema
Setting up sam.ldb configuration data
Setting up display specifiers
Modifying display specifiers
Adding users container
Modifying users container
Adding computers container
Modifying computers container
Setting up sam.ldb data
Setting up well known security principals
Setting up sam.ldb users and groups
Setting up self join
Adding DNS accounts
Creating CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=domaintest,DC=lan
Creating DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones partitions
Populating DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones partitions
Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE marking as synchronized
Fixing provision GUIDs
A Kerberos configuration suitable for Samba 4 has been generated at
/usr/local/samba/private/krb5.conf
Setting up fake yp server settings
Once the above files are installed, your Samba4 server will be ready to
use
Server Role:           active directory domain controller
Hostname:              kickseed
NetBIOS Domain:        DOMAINTEST
DNS Domain:            domaintest.lan
DOMAIN SID:            S-1-5-21-2237275125-3390529885-2904325885

So there I see server role: ad dc, I dont understand why he doesn't want
start.