[Samba] how to get my domain users desktop located on fileserver ?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jul 29 07:48:47 UTC 2016

Ignore that message, wait en klik on, should work and setup the following.
If not, check you SePrivileges if you have all needed.
( i normaly set everything for "Domain Admins" )

Open gpo editor.
User Policies.
	- windows settings
	- folder redirections. Something like :

	Set you path : \\member.internal.domain.tld \users\%USERNAME%\Desktop
Of use one for all. But that needs a bit different right.

So here make you use (or dont use) the exclusive rights.

And make user to add or authenticated users to this policy.
Or with security settings, set the assigned group you want + domain computer.

The computer account now apply the user policies also.
( due to a MS change this is obligated, see post this week in the list )

Greetz,

Louis