[Samba] NT4-Style Auth & Roaming Profiles Only?

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Wed Jul 27 17:16:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 12:42:32 -0400
"lingpanda101 at gmail.com" <lingpanda101 at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Are you by chance using client specific logging on Samba?
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Client_specific_logging

Yes, but not that way. I simply have

    log file = /var/log/samba/by-workstation/log.%m
    log level = 10

> Do the windows logs display anything relevant?

If I check the "Administrative Events", the detail reads:

    Windows could not load your roaming profile and is attempting to
    log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not
    be copied to the server when you log off. Windows could not load
    your profile because a server copy of the profile folder already
    exists that does not have the correct security.  Either the current
    user or the Administrators group must be the owner of the folder.

every time I log in.  (Hand-transcribed from the MS-Win laptop.)

That's what caused me to notice the "OK but maybe not ok" messages in
Samba's logfile.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is