[Samba] Win10 to Samba as NT- PDC needs 3 settings

Alex Winzer alex.e-mail at gmx.de
Wed Jul 27 11:18:12 UTC 2016

Hello Claus,

I have an openSUSE with Samba 4.4.4-3.1-3676 as PDC. There is no AD
running. We use roaming profiles.
I upgraded 11 Machines to Windows 10 having lot's of trouble with the
Startmenu and the Win10-Apps. I can confirm the logon-script isn't executed
since the Windows-Upgrade. Nobody - even Microsoft - could ever answer my
questions to have a working startmenu with Windows 10.

So I would like to try "your" way with the netlogon. Could you please so
kind to give me more specific instructions, how to disable UNC Paths
(Registry?) and enable LegacyConsole? And are you sure you need NTVDM?
Could be needed for logon-script, since these are mostly bat-files.

Thanks, Alex