[Samba] Samba4 with external bind - best practices?

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 18:42:05 UTC 2016

Thanks Mathias and Rowland for the answers.

Rowland,

You said: “Use the sub domain for your AD domain and forward anything
outside the sub domain to your main DNS servers.”

This forward I do on the settings of the bind in Samba4?

Something like:

acl goodclients {
        192.168.1.0/24;
        localhost;
        localnets;
};

options {
        directory "/var/cache/bind";

        recursion yes;
        allow-query { goodclients; };

        forwarders {
                192.168.1.15; # EXTERNAL DNS SERVER
        };
        forward only;

        dnssec-validation auto;

        auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
        listen-on-v6 { any; };
};

​

Elias Pereira