[Samba] NT4-Style Auth & Roaming Profiles Only?

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Tue Jul 26 17:25:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:40:47 +0100
Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org> wrote:

[snip]

> I remember it now, it started last September ( see here:
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-September/194047.html) and
> it could have been the longest running thread on here and you still
> couldn't get it to work.

More accurately: Couldn't get it to work the way *we* needed it to work.

[snip]

> Don't bother on my account with the smb.conf, as I will not be
> wasting any more time on your posts. I spent too much time last time.

I don't blame you.  Trust me: I really don't want to be approaching
this, again, either :/

I actually had domain logins & roaming profiles working, at one point.
But that was before I ripped-out everything that wasn't necessary for
straight workgroup serving.  Now I'm wondering just how much I'd have
to put back, essentially.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is