[Samba] NT4-Style Auth & Roaming Profiles Only?

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Tue Jul 26 15:59:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:09:10 +0100
Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org> wrote:

> On 26/07/16 15:31, Jim Seymour wrote:
> > Hi There,
> >
> > Tried a Samba AD.  Didn't work out.  Please do not suggest.
> > Thanks!
>
> Why didn't Samba AD work, what problems did you have, it might be
> easier to fix them.

It's a long and ugly story, which I'm not going to recount.  If you're
really interested, I'm sure you can find the answer in the archives.

[snip]

> Have you tried just running winbindd ? you don't have to configure it.

Can't run winbind and nscd.  sssd does a better job of what nscd does
than does winbind.  Thus the sssd question.

> It might help if you could post your smb.conf file.
[snip]

Very well.  I'll trim out the cruft and so so.

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is