[Samba] NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 26 13:15:37 UTC 2016

On 26/07/16 14:01, Ricardo Pardim Claus wrote:
> Dear Rowland
> Strange thing is that I do not receive notification on my email about your answers.

Could be because I only reply to the Samba list.

> Here we run an internal DNS. Samba was configured with Bind 9 as secondary DNS.

How have you configured Bind9 on the DC?
If you have this line in smb.conf:

server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns

You are using the internal DNS server (same goes if you do not have the
line in smb.conf)

If you are using Bind9, keep the line and remove ', dns' from the end.

> When I put in domain.local settings, it is because we omit the company name. But the name of my domain ends with .local.
>
> I disabled Avahi daemon.
>
> When I try to run the command you quoted:
> smbclient -k -L //srv.domain.local
>
> I get the same error:
> session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
>
> The command "kinit administrator" works perfectly.

Where are you running the command? On the DC?
If I run the command on one of my DCs without running 'kinit
administrator', I get this:

root at dc1:~# smbclient -k -L //dc1
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

If I then run 'kinit':

root at dc1:~# kinit administrator
Password for administrator at SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM:
root at dc1:~# smbclient -k -L //dc1
Domain=[SAMDOM] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba 4.4.3]

     Sharename       Type      Comment
     ---------       ----      -------
     netlogon        Disk
     sysvol          Disk
     home            Disk
     data            Disk      test share
     IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.4.3)
Domain=[SAMDOM] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba 4.4.3]

     Server               Comment

     Workgroup            Master

Rowland