[Samba] how to backup samba ad domain

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 26 12:32:51 UTC 2016

On 26/07/16 12:51, Jules Houantonon wrote:
> Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it.
>
> I only have one DC, and i cannot install another one.
>
> Please, now how can I adjust the backup script to work witch
> samba-sernet package installation ?
>
> Regards

OK, download a Samba4 tarball from the Samba website, it doesn't matter
which, they all have the same script.
Unpack it and move into the directory created, you will find the script
here: source4/scripting/bin/samba_backup

If you can write a bash script, you should be able to understand it, but
if not, the biggest problem would be the 'etc' dir, yours will be
/etc/samba, whilst the script expects it to be /usr/local/samba/etc

See how you go on, any questions, just ask.

Rowland