[Samba] authentication problem after upgrade to Debian Jessie

Pisch Tamás pischta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:06:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Yesterday I solved the problem.
It turned out that getent passwd and getent group gave entries only from
flat files. It related to nsswitch.conf and libnss-ldap. Former was ok, but
later was different on the two servers. On the PDC, there was libnss-ldapd,
but on the BDC there was libnss-ldap installed. According to the Debian
Wiki, libnss-ldapd is simpler, and better in some way, so I switched to it
on the BDC. During installation, it asked the settings (which I don't know,
where it stores unfortunately) and then the authentication worked! With the
distributiun upgrade, the libnss-ldap version changed, and I think, the
configuration file parameters of the libnss-ldap changed, but I kept my old
settings. Maybe it broke the authentication.

Thanks.