[Samba] Fwd: help - how to use python bindings for smbtorture test suits

Santosh Patnaik santosh.patnaik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 03:15:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am struggling in using python bindings for smbtorture test suits. In case
I want to run smbtorture python bindings from a client m/c to a Samba
standalone server (or Samba as member to an AD domain), what are the steps
to follow, as I don't see any clear documentation on the same.

Below are what I could do so far:

samba-4.4.4/selftest/wscript: Main code for selftest

samba-4.4.4/selftest/target/--.pm : Files for testenv creation

samba-4.4.4/selftest/st: Test environment gets created under this dir

Steps followed to execute tests:

1../configure --enable-selftest --testenv

2.make -j testenv SELFTEST_TESTENV=simpleserver

3. make test TESTS=samba3.base *or *make quicktest

I c*ould execute "make test" for samba3.base & "make quicktest"
successfully locally*.

(In this, test gets executed locally, setup gets created locally in test
itself & uses all loopback addresses

Still figuring out how can I provide server,share details

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Santosh