[Samba] Unable to execute ldapsearch on samba4 installed in Active Directory mode

Jules Houantonon juleshoueto at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:34:43 UTC 2016

Dear all,

i install samba-sernet-ad 4.2 on a Centos 7.2 Linux.

I also install phpldapadmin to connect to the domain with the Administrator
distinguished name.

>From phpldapadmin, i am able to connect as anonymous, but  when i try to
provide Administrator Distinguished name and password, authentication
failed.

I received this error : stronger authentication required (8) for user.

I then try to use ldapsearch, but i still not success to have great result.

$ldapsearch -xLLL -H ldap://localhost:389 -D
"cn=Administrator,dc=HPRS,dc=local" -W -b "dc=lab,dc=local"

after entering the password, it display the same message while using
phpldapadmin out :
Stronger authentication required
Additional info : BindSimple : Transportencryption required

When i replace ldap by ldaps and 389 by 636 , i get :
ldap_sasl_bind(Simple) : Cannot contact ldap server (-1)

Can anyone help me please ?

Thank you for your support

Regards

--