[Samba] Upgrading Samba 4.2 to 4.4

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:32:56 UTC 2016

IMHO: no real need to move FSMO before upgrading FSMO owner if no real load.
FSMO are roles which make one DC different of others DC on one specific
point (for each role). As long as you don't do something which requires
FSMO role you won't use FSMO roles, so no matter.

Things which triggers FSMO usage are modifying the schema (don't do that
during upgrade), reaching RID pool limit on non-FSMO DC (don't add bunch of
users during upgrade) and so on. These are examples, roles are 7, each is
triggered in different way.