[Samba] Enable Recycling

Curtis Vaughan cavaughan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:18:56 UTC 2016

So I've added the following information to my smb.conf in the general
section based off various information on the internet, but primarily from here:
http://timtrott.co.uk/enabling-recycle-bin-functionality-samba/

Nonetheless when I delete files from any shares they are not sent to
Recycling. What am I missing?

# Enable Recycling
vfs objects = full_audit recycle
recycle:repository = /samba/Recycle/%U
recycle:touch = Yes
recycle:keeptree = Yes
recycle:versions = Yes
recycle:noversions = *.tmp,*.temp,*.o,*.obj,*.TMP,*.TEMP
recycle:exclude = *.tmp,*.temp,*.o,*.obj,*.TMP,*.TEMP
recycle:excludedir = /recycle,/tmp,/temp,/TMP,/TEMP
full_audit:prefix = %u|%I
full_audit:success = open mkdir rmdir write unlink rename
full_audit:failure = mkdir rmdir write unlink rename