[Samba] Getent passwd doesn't show Domain Members

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 19 15:26:46 UTC 2016

On 19/07/16 15:55, Timo Dachs-Wegmann wrote:
> We already tried this without success...
>

> Kind regards
>
> Timo Dachs-Wegmann
> -EDV-

It should.

You posted this:

I installed samba4 from the standard debian sources.
Made the domain provisioning and installed Kerberos.
After that I installed winbind and linked the libnss_winbind.so.2 ->
libnss_winbind.so.

When you installed from debian sources, do you mean you installed the
debian packages or that you used them to compile your own ?
If you just installed packages, then you don't need to create the links,
just install libnss-winbind and libpam-winbind

You also say that you installed kerberos, do you mean the client
packages or server packages ?

Rowland