[Samba] Migrate File Server MS for Samba

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Jul 19 14:33:12 UTC 2016

Hello Ricardo,

Am 19.07.2016 um 14:22 schrieb Ricardo Pardim Claus:
> Here we have 2 servers Windows 2012 R2. A file server and a DC.
> Both servers will be migrated to Samba.

That's what I already said: Samba currently does not support the
directory schema of a Windows DC newer than 47 (2008R2). You can't join
a Samba DC to that AD, replicate the directory, and demote the Windows
DC. You have to create a new Samba AD domain and create everything from
scratch if you don't find a way how to preserve the domain SID,
export/import all objects, etc.

Regards,
Marc