[Samba] Migrate File Server MS for Samba

Ricardo Pardim Claus ricardo.claus at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jul 18 13:51:45 UTC 2016

Dear,We are in MS migration phase to Samba 4.Besides replacing the AD MS by Samba 4, we must also migrate the file server MS to Samba 4.
I have some doubts and I ask the opinion of you:
  1 - Is there any way to migrate MS folder permissions for Samba 4?  2 - We will need a secondary domain control. Based on best practices in this Samba 4 is that the file server, we can use it as a secondary DC? Or is it better to leave the file server only as a domain member, and create server with Samba to be the secondary DC?
Thank you!