[Samba] Samba 4.2 extremely slow with (some) XP & Seven boxes

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 08:24:53 UTC 2016

hi
I can confirm this. I don't have any xp boxes, but my fiance has a box
running windows 7, and it can take at least 30 seconds to make the
initial connection, and several seconds to display the contents of the
share, plus a few seconds each time you enter folders, open files, etc.
Copying files is extremely slow, although I'm not certain if this is a
samba issue or a problem of my network, which is running at about 100
mbps, not gigabit.
Thanks
Kendell Clark