[Samba] IDMAP Issue

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sat Jul 16 13:08:15 UTC 2016

Rowland penny schreef op 14-07-2016 14:50:

> If you have any users in /etc/passwd that are also in AD i.e if you
> have user 'fred' in /etc/passwd and there is also a user 'ABC+fred' in
> AD, then sorry, but one of them will have to go, they would be treated
> as the same user.

Are you entirely sure this is true? I don't yet know how ID mapping
works in Samba.

But. Is the whole idea of IDmapping not importing from a remote server?
(or service?).

Then, should the two groups not always be treated as separate? Why can't
you perform ID mapping only for the remote users? (AD).

That seems to be the whole point of it, right?