[Samba] Is this safe to have the same local SID on two cluster nodes?

Krzysztof Sienkiewicz krzysztof.sienkiewicz.79 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 13:03:49 UTC 2016

Dear Samba maintainers,

I have two Linux machines with the Samba 4.4.3 that serves the samba
resources independently. These machines are connected to the ADS server.
When one node dies I would like to take over the resource by the other
node. It seems that everything works as expected only when local SID is set
to the same value on both samba servers (the NetBIOS name is different and
there is no shared filesystem between them). Is this safe to have the same
local SID on both nodes or may it have some long term negative consequences?

Thank you in advance.

Krzysztof Sienkiewicz