[Samba] Authentication Auditing

Arthur Ramsey arthur_ramsey at mediture.com
Wed Jul 13 14:11:56 UTC 2016

I browsed the source and it doesn't seem that hard to add some auditing
for LDAP bind using the normal log file though I didn't see a easy way
to get the source IP, which renders it pretty useless for me.  Otherwise
I'd try to write a patch though I'm not familiar with C / C++.

Has any samba developer commented on it in the past?  I don't see
anything for it in the bug tracker.

Thanks,

Arthur

On 7/13/2016 4:34 AM, mj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 07/13/2016 06:07 AM, Arthur Ramsey wrote:
>> name, timestamp and reason for failure, but not source IP.  I cannot
>> find any way to monitor LDAP bind, which is the most important in my
>> case.  Though I doubt I'm alone: LDAP authentication seems to be the
>> most popular choice for integrating with Active Directory, but esp. with
>> Samba domain controller.
>
> You are definitely not the only one missing this! It was requested
> several times, lately.
>
> MJ

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the Mediture Privacy Officer at privacyofficer at mediture.com.