[Samba] Failed to find domain Unix Group

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 13 08:16:00 UTC 2016

On 13/07/16 03:20, Carlos A. P. Cunha wrote:

> Can return old id, returning the old values (changed the most at least
> two months)
>
> idmap config *: backend = tdb
> idmap config *:range = 5000-16777216
> idmap config SERVERAD: backend = rid
> idmap config SERVERAD: range = 5000-33554431
>
> The error parrou also, but I think the fact that a group with the same
> ID / GID if the User to the fact that the idmap values be crossing,
> even so I changed them (mentioned above)
>
> Thank you

Do not change the lower range value on a Samba fileserver once set, you
can raise the upper value, but there is a proviso, the ranges must not
overlap. This means your lines above are invalid, they both start at
'5000' and the entire '*' range is inside the 'SERVERAD' range.

If you change the lower range and you are using the 'rid' backend, all
your IDs will change.

Rowland