[Samba] Option configure

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jul 12 21:21:22 UTC 2016

Am 12.07.2016 um 22:55 schrieb Achim Gottinger:
> Funny current debian service files use a wrong PIDFile path (should be
> /var/run/amba/samba.pid).
>
> If I use Type=forking and an wrong PIDFile systemctl start samba must be
> CTRL-C'ed.
>
> Type=notify works with or without an proper PIDFile.

well, after 5 years of production with systemd all that pidfile stuff is
the root of all evil - get rid of it until you have a very godd reason
and most problems will go away

systemd is damned good in monitor process states and pidfiles where a
dirty workaround for init-systems with no clue about anything

that goes so far that i start mysqld without mysqld_safe, Type=simple
and "--pid-file=/dev/null" to get rid of all sort of troubles when
idiotic processes don't create and remove their pid files at the current
point in time