[Samba] Option configure

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:19:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Achim Gottinger <achim at ag-web.biz> wrote:
> I have no /etc/default/samba file.

Suspected that much. It isn't then a neccessary entry in the service file.

> If you run an ad-dc use samba-ad-dc.service, if not use the smbd, nmbd and
> winbind service files and not the samba.service.

On my standalone file server I just run nmbd.service and smbd.service,
no need for winbind at all.
On my test AD system I've always run the samba.service (my equivalent
of your samba-ad-dc.service file), which starts the sbin/samba binary.
The oddity here is that with Type=notify samba dies shortly after
starting.

Chris