[Samba] Demote Win2008R2 DC Fail

Anderson Hoffmann do Carmo anderson.hoffmann at gsurfnet.com
Tue Jul 12 19:15:04 UTC 2016

Hi Jason/Rowland

Great news! the following procedure worked perfectly...
I added at the end "Remove manually Windows DC entries in DNS"
The script used in step 9 was "
https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/d31f091f-2642-4ede-9f97-0e1cc4d577f3
"

*Very thanks for all!*

Anderson Hoffmann do Carmo
MCP | MTA | MCDST | MCTS | MCSA | MS | MOS |
ITIL-F | ISFS | CLOUDF | CI-SCS | VCA-DCV |

anderson.hoffmann at gsurfnet.com>:

> I will test this
> Thanks ;-)
>
> Anderson Hoffmann do Carmo
> MCP | MTA | MCDST | MCTS | MCSA | MS | MOS |
> ITIL-F | ISFS | CLOUDF | CI-SCS | VCA-DCV |

>> On 12/07/16 13:33, Jason Waters wrote:
>>
>>> This is what I would do.
>>>
>>> 1. Make sure everything is off of the 2008 machine so you don't need to
>>> turn it back on
>>> 2. Shut down the 2008 machine
>>> 2.5 Update your DNS on the samba machine to be the samba machine, not the
>>> 2008 DC
>>> 3. Test everything and make sure samba is fully working on your domain
>>> 4. Test everything again
>>> 5. Test!
>>> 6. Seize the roles on your samba machine, samba-tool fsmo seize --force
>>> --role=all -Uadministrator
>>>           I don't think you need the -U, but just in case
>>>

>> Yes you do, it is required if you are transferring or seizing the DNS
>> FSMO roles.
>>
>> 7. Reboot that machine and make sure everything looks good
>>> 8. make sure samba-tool fsmo show, shows all 7 roles of the samba machine
>>> 9. From a workstation, run the Metadata clean.vbs script.  This will