[Samba] Option configure

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:53:39 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Sonic <sonicsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mine use Type=forking, I had some issues with Type=notify

Further testing seems to verify that either type works for starting
nmbd and smbd, but I need forking for starting samba (AD) as samba
dies shortly after starting it with notify.

>From some systemd info:
"If set to forking, it is expected that the process configured with
ExecStart= will call fork() as part of its start-up. The parent
process is expected to exit when start-up is complete and all
communication channels are set up. The child continues to run as the
main daemon process. This is the behavior of traditional UNIX
daemons."
I'm guessing that indeed the samba binary calls fork() as part of its
start-up. Can this be verified? And how about the smbd and nmbd
binaries, do they call fork() during stat-up?

Chris