[Samba] Samba-4.4.3_1 on FreeBSD10.3 and ZFS - Roaming profiles

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Jul 12 14:40:17 UTC 2016

I am familiar with the contents of
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_%26_Windows_Profiles#Profile_share_using_POSIX_ACLs.

Reading that given my set up (Samba-4.4.3_1 on FreeBSD10.3 and ZFS);
and given that smbd -b | grep HAVE_LIBACL produces nothing; I infer
that setting up roaming profiles using Windows ACLs are not going to
work.  I am correct? Which implies that I will have to use the POSIX
method.

However, just in case I am wrong I am asking if anyone here has any
experience with setting up Samba4 roaming profiles on a zfs store?  Is
there a way to get Win ACLs to work with my configuration?  Or is
POSIX the only option?

Canada  L8E 3C3