[Samba] Option configure

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:00:52 UTC 2016

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Sonic <sonicsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It appears that Samba does not check for
> > libsystemd (only libsystemd-daemon and libsystemd-journal) during the
> > config phase so unless one is running some ancient version of systemd
> > the "--with-systemd" configure option may be quite useless.
>
> Might be wrong on this, see the ../lib/util/wscript_configure script
> in the src. It looks like it may search for libsystemd after
> libsystemd-daemon and libsystemd-journal, but in my case it doesn't
> find that either, possibly as I'm building in a container.
>
> Chris

I did that same search earlier this day, think some time about the issue
came from that but as changing unit file was sufficient on our Centos7 for
all running Samba version (4.4.3, 4.4.4 and 4.4.5) when only last version
was compiled with --with-systemd swtich, I would say that's not the issue.

Chris, can you check into your unit file what kind of type is used?