[Samba] Option configure

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 12:11:55 UTC 2016

> On Sat, 2016-07-09 at 11:27 +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:

> [removed troll]

> > Carlos, it's a good question. I really never recognized this option.
> >
> > What is different afterwards when using with/without? Does it create
> > systemd service file?
>
> It just means we link to a small library that helps systemd know that
> we started up successfully, as I understand it.
>
> This is needed because of the way we double-fork() at startup, so the
> original PID values from the process that called exec() is not the long
> -term PID.

Andrew,

I expect the --with-systemd is to add the little piece of code which makes
Samba systemd unit files to work correctly, for systemd stop killing
processes after some timeout because it doesn't received the right message
from Samba.

I ask because we are using last Samba and systemd (in version 219 today on
Centos7), we are using shipped systemd unit files (or at least I expect
that's Samba which create them, not the .spec / rpmbuild tool) and service
samba-ad works well when samba-smbd, samba-nmdb and samba-winbindd are all
three killed by systemd after timeout.
Of course Samba works well, running these daemons just calling their names
is sufficient for the service starts well.

I did add --with-systemd to our .spec, compiled a 4.4.5, tested it as file
server and same issue: systemd refuses to understand these processes are
working and kill after some time.

Checking logs of that compilation I get:
Checking for
libsystemd-daemon
: not found
Checking for library
systemd-daemon
: no
Checking for library
systemd-libs
: no
Checking for
libsystemd-journal
: not found
Checking for library
systemd-journal
: no
Checking for library
systemd
: no

when
rpm -qa systemd*
systemd-libs-219-19.el7_2.9.x86_64
systemd-219-19.el7_2.9.x86_64
systemd-sysv-219-19.el7_2.9.x86_64
systemd-python-219-19.el7_2.9.x86_64

It looks to me that configure script can't find Centos 7 systemd
installation files. Any idea of what I would have missed?

Cheers,

mathias