[Samba] Can the 'operatingSystemVersion' value of DC computers in LDAP server keeps up to date?

LiuYan 刘研 lovetide at qq.com
Mon Jul 11 06:53:58 UTC 2016

When I use ldbsearch to get the operatingSystemVersion information, I got '4.0.6', but I'm running samba-4.4.5 now.

It seems that this information stayed at the version number when I provisioned the domain.
Can this version number keeps up to date when I upgraded samba server?
I can write a small script and scheduled it to change this information periodically, but if there's an internal way to change it, that would be great!

# ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb  -b 'DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=com'     '(&(samAccountType=805306369)(primaryGroupId=516)(objectCategory=computer))'  operatingSystem operatingSystemVersion operatingSystemServicePack
# record 1
dn: CN=DC-1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=com
operatingSystem: Samba
operatingSystemVersion: 4.0.6