[Samba] Password Complexity Question

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jul 8 15:00:39 UTC 2016

What the rules are... well if you the “admin” you are allowed to set the rules..  :-/

But i suggest the following

This :

A$c(5ak3!   Is a BAD PASSWORD to easy to crack.  4 weeks.

ThisShouldBeMyVerySecretPassword4Me is a GOOD password.

Wil never be cracked since that will take 429 tredecillion years to crack :-)

Try it out here : https://howsecureismypassword.net/

So core rule, if its not long its easy to crack.

Im forceing my users not to 20 char password and if they complain.

Just make some thing the can remember.... like WeLovetheServerAdminAlwaysAndSambaAllDay ;-)

Greetz,

Louis