[Samba] roaming profiles samba 4

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Thu Jul 7 19:43:58 UTC 2016

Am 07.07.2016 um 20:01 schrieb Trenta sis:
> hi,
>
> I'm evaluating to migrate our samba and ldap domain with samba 3 to samba 4
> ad, and I have problem with roaming profile in samba 4.
> I have configured with
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Implementing_roaming_profiles and for new
> profiles created works perfect, but my problem is that I have many users to
> migrate keeping profiles from samba 3 domain but our problem is that wiht
> migrated profilesis not working, always loads a temporary profile and cifs
> and security permissions are ok.
>
> Permissions seems correct because from this user can acces to cifs share
> and his folder, my problem is that I can't find any log or similar to find
> where is the problem
>
> Anybody can help?
>
> thanks
If you can live with loosing the users registry settings, delet NTUSER.*
files in the user profile.
Every nowe an then NTUSER.DAT get's corrupted (by network or locking
errors for example) here, the result is an temporary profile because
that file can not be read.
I usually fix it by removing the file or restoring an older version from
an backup.
Can be it's just an rights problem inside the NTUSERE.DAT file. See here
under method III how to load and modify these:

achim~