[Samba] roaming profiles samba 4

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Thu Jul 7 18:32:40 UTC 2016

On 07/07/16 02:01 PM, Trenta sis wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm evaluating to migrate our samba and ldap domain with samba 3 to samba 4
> ad, and I have problem with roaming profile in samba 4.
> I have configured with
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Implementing_roaming_profiles and for new
> profiles created works perfect, but my problem is that I have many users to
> migrate keeping profiles from samba 3 domain but our problem is that wiht
> migrated profilesis not working, always loads a temporary profile and cifs
> and security permissions are ok.
>
> Permissions seems correct because from this user can acces to cifs share
> and his folder, my problem is that I can't find any log or similar to find
> where is the problem
>
> Anybody can help?
>
> thanks
AFAIK roaming profiles are the same under Samba 3 and 4. The permissions
for roaming to work seems to be that the group is sambashare.

SORRY: if that is not clear, the permission is on the actual samba
profiles directories. That is, each profile on the domain controller's
profiles folder should have the group sambashare.