[Samba] Unable to transfer ForestDns/DomainDNS

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jul 7 15:55:49 UTC 2016

On 07/07/16 16:19, Jason Waters wrote:
> search error - LDAP error 10 LDAP_REFERRAL -  <0000202B: RefErr:
> DSID-0310063C, data 0, 1 access points
>         ref 1: 'DomainDnsZones.fisherthompson.local'
> >
> <ldap://DomainDnsZones.fisherthompson.local/DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=fisherthompson,DC=local>

If you look here: https://www.ldap.com/ldap-result-code-reference

You will find this:

        10: Referral

This indicates that the server could not process the requested
operation, but that it may succeed if attempted in another location, as
specified by the referral URIs included in the response.

Never having seen this before, all I can suggest is trying what it is
telling you to do, only problem is, I don't really recognise the ldap URL

Rowland