[Samba] cifs share for profiles

Trenta sis trenta.sis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:56:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have installed samba 4.4.4 and configured and works perfect, now I need
to configure roaming profiles and reading
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs

I have detected that I can't configure

chgrp "Domain Admins" /srv/samba/Demo/

I'm creating this share on our dc, but seem that with
# getent group "Domain Admins"

any samba AD group is recovered

I have found
"If you don't get an output showing the queried name and its ID, there may
be something wrong in your NSS configuration
<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php?title=Name_service_switch_(NSS)&action=edit&redlink=1>
or
if you are using Winbindd with RFC2307 (idmap_ad)
<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_ad>, you might not have an
ID assigned (see User and group management
<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_and_group_management> for how to
administer Unix Attributes in an AD)"

but I don't know where is the problem with wbinfo we recover user and group
but with getent not.

We are making thins test on our samba doamin controller with samba 4.4.4
and debian jessie

Where is the problem?

Thanks