[Samba] Winbind process stuck at 100% after changing use_mmap to no

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 19:49:12 UTC 2016

FYI, by "it did, completely" I meant it failed completely.

Even if the only file we have to have on the cluster FS (which now seems
to be down solely to the ctdb lock file), I'm still worried what these
failures mean:

1) does the -rw (without -m) test suggest any problems with the MooseFS
FS I'm serving files to users from?
2) does the mmap test failure mean I should not even have my CTDB lock
file on MooseFS?
3) Do the inconsistent reports from a ping_pong -rw test show there is a
major problem with MooseFS as the underlying FS for Samba exports and
something needs to be done with the underlying FS?

I'm a paying licensee of MooseFS Pro, so I hope you can understand my
wishes to get this problem sorted. If contracting some of the Sernet
chaps is required, we've done it before and might be prepared to do so
in this case.

Best regards

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information. Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements Ltd.
29 Clement's Lane, London EC4N 7AE. Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300.
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
number: 3727592). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority (entered on the Financial Services Register; no. 190856).