[Samba] GPFS AFM Export Problem

Volker Lendecke vl at samba.org
Tue Jul 5 18:50:27 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 02:44:24PM +0000, Luke Raimbach wrote:
> I'm having a frustrating time exporting a GPFS Independent Writer
> AFM fileset through Samba.
>
> Native GPFS directories exported through Samba seem to work
> properly, but when creating an export which points to an AFM IW
> fileset, I get "Access Denied" errors when trying to create files
> from an SMB client and even more unusual "Failed to enumerate
> objects in the container: Access is denied." messages if I try to
> modify the Access Control Entries through a Windows client.

Do you have the exact same idmapping on both clusters? That might be
one reason for access denied. Do the autorid ranges match? You might
try to look at mmgetacl output on both sides. Also, keep in mind that
only -k nfs4 is really tested in the gpfs samba backend, if you have
-k posix or -k all (any?), additional development is likely necessary.

Regards, Volker