[Samba] Login not possible / machine account issues

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 5 15:30:29 UTC 2016

Well, in my option, you the have found your problem.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721940(v=ws.10).aspx
3) ..... After the unique system information is removed, ....

And
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/aaron_margosis/2009/11/05/machine-sids-and-domain-sids/

Says:
Mark?s point is that SIDs must be unique within the authority in which they are used.  So while DEMOSYSTEM must have only one local account with the SID S-1-5-21-3419697060-3810377854-678604692-1000, it doesn?t matter if another computer uses the same SID to refer to a local account of its own.  However, within the BIGDOMAIN domain, there must be only one computer account with the SID S-1-5-21-124525095-708259637-1543119021-937822.  If multiple computers in the domain try to share that computer SID within the domain, problems will occur. So while it?s OK to clone a system before it joins a domain, doing so after it joins a domain (and is assigned a domain computer account and a corresponding domain SID) will cause problems.

And now the big question.
Did you join before or after the clone?

I do have experiance on this and i did have problems also with the same serial is used. So I get one brand, get the OEM cd or that brand, and create an image for that brand. In this case the windows key isnt needed, since its done by bios. (OEM Key).
When you use Volume licences or Retail its different again but still,
you can prevent problems use sysprep when cloning.

Usefull sysprep howto :
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3020-windows-10-image-customize-audit-mode-sysprep.html

Greetz,

Louis