[Samba] How to change samba4 domaine name

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jul 3 12:01:42 UTC 2016

On 20.06.2016 at 12:16 Jules Houantonon wrote:
> please is it possible to change samba4 domaine name ?
> Did someone have a how to or can explain to acheive it ?

If it is Active Directory, then the recommendation from Microsoft
appears to be: create a new domain, set up trust between them, use ADMT
(Active Directory Migration Tool) to transfer everything from old to new
(in the one and only correct order, taking into account all caveats, and
after training in a test environment), finally shut down the old domain.

In samba this will probably fail on the step "set up trust", because
that is not(?) yet(?) fully(?) supported.

If anybody knows a shortcut, I am very interested to hear it.