[Samba] Where is krb5.keytab or equivalent?

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Sat Jul 2 01:32:53 UTC 2016

Following your example for 2nd test ...

you:
> ~# samba-tool user create dovecot
> [Assign password]
> ~# samba-tool spn add imap/server.domain.local dovecot
> ~# samba-tool domain exportkeytab --principal dovecot at DOMAIN.LOCAL
> dovecot.keytab
> ~# cp dovecot.keytab /etc/dovecot/dovecot.keytab
> ~#chgrp dovecot /etc/dovecot/dovecot.keytab
> ~#chmod g+r /etc/dovecot/dovecot.keytab

me:
root at mail > samba-tool user delete dovecot  # to get rid of previous defs.
Deleted user dovecot

root at mail > samba-tool user create dovecot
New Password:
Retype Password:
User 'dovecot' created successfully

root at mail > samba-tool domain exportkeytab --principal dovecot at HPRS.LOCAL dovecot.keytab
root at mail > cp dovecot.keytab /etc/dovecot/dovecot.keytab
root at mail > chgrp dovecot /etc/dovecot//dovecot.keytab
root at mail > chmod g+r /etc/dovecot/dovecot.keytab
root at mail > dovecot reload

> As a side note. I test on an different server now and above and the mutt
> test from my other mail only works with
> auth_gssapi_hostname = "$ALL"
> defined in dovecot config.

I added that back in before reloading dovecot.  Some commentor had me remove it during previous
testing.

Re-ran mutt, sadly same result as previous test, "Certificate host check failed: certificate
owner does not match hostname mail.hprs.local".

Nothing in maillog.

I think certificate is fooped.

--Mark