[Samba] Replacing a Samba 3.0 Domain controller

Lee Brown leeb at ratnaling.org
Sun Jan 31 00:35:48 UTC 2016

And if you are going the FreeBSD route, jails work provided you turn off
nbt.  I have two DC's and a member server (AKA file server), running on the
same metal.  HAProxy is load-balancing FreeBSD LDAPS queries against those
two DC's.

# jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
     2  10.1.1.7        jenkins
/usr/local/Jail/jenkins
    96  10.1.201.100    PgSQL94.in.test.org
/usr/local/Jail/full-PgSQL94
   277  -               rca
/usr/local/Jail/full-rca
  1000  10.1.200.99     dc-root.ad.test.org
/usr/local/Jail-AD/dc-root
  1001  10.1.200.98     dc-lodge.ad.test.org
/usr/local/Jail-AD/dc-lodge
  1002  10.1.200.101    fs-lodge.ad.test.org
/usr/local/Jail-AD/fs-lodge
  1003  10.1.1.3        ldap-proxy.in.test.org
/usr/local/Jail-AD/ldap-proxy
  2143  10.1.201.101    Bacula.in.test.org
/usr/local/Jail/full-bacula