[Samba] Suggestions for cross site domain

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Thu Jan 28 21:32:27 UTC 2016

Apologies, managed to venture onto the dreaded 2nd page of Google and
found an answer.

If anyone gets stuck add --server to the end of the command and this
points samba-tool directly to the DC you wish to use for joining.

E.g. my dc of ukads001.int.thevoiceasia.com makes this command:

sudo samba-tool domain join int.thevoiceasia.com DC -Uadministrator
--realm=int.thevoiceasia.com

into

sudo samba-tool domain join int.thevoiceasia.com DC -Uadministrator
--realm=int.thevoiceasia.com --server ukads001.int.thevoiceasia.com

If anyone knows why this is necessary without IPv6 I would be
interested in the answer.

Apologies for any time wasting.