[Samba] Suggestions for cross site domain

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Thu Jan 28 21:17:08 UTC 2016

Hi James,

Command to join:

sudo samba-tool domain join int.thevoiceasia.com DC -Uadministrator
--realm=int.thevoiceasia.com

I can reproduce the problem in the UK and it seems to be something to
do with IPv6.  As far as I'm aware, although my network switches support
IPv6, I have never set it up.

I have disabled IPv6 addresses on all the DCs a few days ago.  I
suppose it is possible part of my original domain set up harbours some
IPv6 shenanigans but it certainly isn't intended.

To reproduce:

New UK Server with IPv6 enabled even though my DCs themselves report no
IPv6 addresses (default state):

All OK

New UK Server with IPv6 disabled:

ERROR(exception): uncaught exception - Failed to find a writeable DC
for domain 'int.thevoiceasia.com'

Does anyone know how I stop IPv6 being used on join?

Regards,

Wayne