[Samba] Samba Member Server, Winbind

Oliver Werner oliver.werner at kontrast.de
Thu Jan 28 19:56:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have add a new Samba Member Server to my domain successfully.

I have configured Winbind and get the correct Output from wbinfo -u/-g

getent passwd also works fine.

But when type getent group command i will get only local groups.

Mysteriously, I can put the ADS groups with the chgrp command.
With ls -la command they are also shown after set on file or directory.
The only thing is the getent group command does not show what i want.

My smb.conf looks:

[global]
       netbios name = VL02
       security = ADS
       workgroup = HQ
       realm = hq.local

       log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
       log level = 1

       kerberos method = secrets and keytab
       winbind refresh tickets = yes

       	winbind trusted domains only = no
       	winbind use default domain = yes
       	winbind enum users  = yes
       	winbind enum groups = yes
	winbind cache time = 60

       # Default idmap config used for BUILTIN and local accounts/groups
       idmap config *:backend = tdb
       idmap config *:range = 500-1299

       # idmap config for domain HQKONTRAST
       idmap config HQ:backend = ad
       idmap config HQ:schema_mode = rfc2307
       idmap config HQ:range = 1300-99999

       # Use settings from AD for login shell and home directory
       winbind nss info = rfc2307

uidNumber of Users start on 10000 and gidNumber of Groups on 1300. So the IDs are in the range.

Anyone knows the Problem or know how to fix?

regards

OLIVER WERNER