[Samba] Samba Hylafax PAM

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jan 27 15:42:18 UTC 2016

No, and google is not helping much.. :-/
But based you your error :
> HylaFAX[24795]: pam_authenticate failed in
> pamCheck with 0x6: Permission denied

This looks like hylafax is working, and PAM is failing the request intentionally.
Im not a pam expert :-/

Last thing you can try, what i found online..
Test with an account with only a-Z and 0-9 chars in the password.
In the /etc/pam/hylafax try the following. ( also test the pam_ldap with an account with a-Z 0-9 password.

You have samba/winbind working yes?

auth    sufficient      pam_winbind.so
account sufficient      pam_winbind.so
password sufficient      pam_winbind.so
session sufficient      pam_winbind.so

very interested when you have this working.
Hylafax is on my todo list here..   ;-)

Greetz,

Louis