[Samba] NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 27 11:49:31 UTC 2016

On 27/01/16 11:29, Henry McLaughlin wrote:
> I have no idea where to start here. I was trailing CentOS7 as it had a more
> up to date Samba version.
>
> Can you confirm that Ubuntu 14.04 is stable as an AD DC and as an AD Member
> using RID? If so then I'll go back to what I know best.

If you are used to using Ubuntu, then you will probably be better of
using this to base your AD DC on. Only problem is that 14.04 comes with
4.1.6 (last time I looked) and Samba 4.4.0rc1 has just been released and
4.4.0 is slated for release at the beginning of March and when it is,
4.1.x will go EOL.

Can I suggest that you build Samba yourself, it is a very simple
procedure and is also easily upgraded.

Rowland