[Samba] idmap_ad problem and workaround

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 03:11:25 UTC 2016

Nope.  It's not a samba bug.  It's Windows ACL's.  The users that work have
an ACL that gives Authenticated Users read.  Without that wbinfo -i, id,
getent passwd do not pick up the Unix ID's.  Even an ldap query will not
show it unless the user doing the query is a domain admin.  I know some ACL
changes were made when it was discovered that leftover cruft from a
previous domain migration existed, and it was removed.  This coincides with
the breakage.  Now I have to carefully figure out from a clean environment
what the defaults should be from the top down, and correct.  That should
fix me.

Joe Maloney